* Tomorrow the whole school will be participating in a litterless lunch. Please try to pack a lunch for your child that does not require any wrappers or plastic to be thrown away. Instead, reusable containers are encouraged
*We are studying the letter “D” this week. Please bring in images that begin with this letter
Have a safe and happy Halloween!
* A reminder that there is mass tomorrow morning. Please ensure that your child is dressed in full uniform (including their sweater)
* Halloween falls on a Monday this year. October 31st will be a NON-UNIFORM day. Please dress your child in orange and black. Also, I will be allowing students to change into their Halloween costumes in the afternoon (after gym). If you do send in a Halloween costume with your child, please make sure that they are able to put it on with little to no adult support. No masks, weapons or make up please.
Tomorrow are the parent teacher conferences. A reminder that school will NOT be in session. Please arrive on time as the meetings are only 10 minutes. Also, a reminder that this is a parent event and thus children are not required to be present.
Looking forward to meeting with all of you!
* We are studying the letter “e” this week. Please bring in images of things that begin with this letter
* Parent teacher meeting times will be sent home today. Please make sure to check your child’s folder
*Scholastic Orders are due tomorrow
Have a great week!
Just a reminder that there is no school tomorrow
* Your child will receive hot lunch tomorrow if you ordered it. It is also a NON-UNIFORM day. Please dress your child in FALL COLOURS (red, orange, yellow)
* I am missing a few parent-teacher conference forms. Please send them in by Thursday
* Walkathon money is due TOMORROW
* Please check your child’s sweater to make sure that they are wearing the correct one. A couple have gone missing. Also, if you have not already done so, please label your child’s sweater
* There is NO SCHOOL this upcoming Friday, October, 21st as it is a professional development day for teachers
* Picture Day is TOMORROW. Please ensure that your child comes dressed in full uniform
* All Walkathon money is due this Wednesday, October 19th
* We are studying the letter “f” this week. If you have images of things that start with “f”, please send them in
* Scholastic forms went out today. Orders are due next Tuesday, October 25th
* I would like to begin family reading this Thursday, October 20th. If you are interested in coming in for about 25-30 mins to read with a group of children, please send me an email. If I have enough parents able to come, we will begin this Thursday. Family reading days will be on Thursday’s or Friday’s from 9:10-9:40. I will let you know at the beginning of the week. Parent participation hours are given out as well.
Have a great week!
* Your eldest or only child in the school received a conference sign up sheet today. Please return it on Monday
* This upcoming Tuesday, October 18th is photo day. Please return your photo slip on or before Tuesday
Have a great weekend!
* The kindergarten students will be attending their first mass tomorrow. Please ensure your child comes dressed in full uniform (including vest or sweater)
*** Update to recycling competition: I will be collecting the recycling receipts AND money (see yesterday’s post and Communique for more information)
Thank you to all parents who drove and helped out on the field trip. It was a huge success and we could not have done it without all of you!
Our field trip to Taves Farm has finally arrived! Here is some important information for tomorrow:
* The weather forecast is calling for wind and rain so please dress your child accordingly. Boots are strongly recommended and no umbrellas, please!
* Please send your child with a PlasticPre-Labelled bag with permanent marker for their apple and pumpkin
* Please send a booster seat in with your child in the morning, unless you have specified on the permission form that you are unable to bring one in
*Parent drivers: Parking is available in Lots A and C.
* Parent drivers: You will be responsible for closely supervising the group of students that you are driving. PLEASE NO CELL PHONES during the entire trip, which means from the time we leave the school, to when we return. Our students’ safety is our priority!
* Parent drivers: We will meet as a whole group at the INFO BOOTH when we arrive.
Please pray that the rain and wind will hold off until after our field trip!
* Social Group permission forms were sent home yesterday. It is strongly recommended that you allow your child to participate as it promotes and fosters social skills among all children. Please return ASAP
* Our Lady of Fatima is having a recycling competition. Please recycle all of your bottles from home and bring in the receipt via your child’s folder. The class that has the most money via receipts will get a pizza party and all of the money will go directly into buying resources for the school. More information can be found in the Communique.
*A reminder that I am collecting Walkathon money all week
Sorry for the long post. If you have any questions, please email me!