* Tomorrow is theTerry Fox Run. We are asking that students bring a toonie to donate to cancer research. It is also a NON-UNIFORM day. Please dress your child in comfortable, weather appropriate clothing. Also, parents are welcome to join for the assembly at 11am and for the run following the assembly
* Hot lunch forms are due tomorrow
* Our annual Walkathon is coming up next week on Friday, October 7th. Children are encouraged to raise $65 for a Walkathon T-shirt that they may wear on the day. I am still looking for parent helpers if you are interested
* On October 13th, the Kindergarten English and French classes will be going on a field trip to Taves Farm in Abbotsford. Permission forms will be going out early next week and I will be looking for a few parent helpers to drive the kids and to supervise during the field trip. 5 parent participation hours will be given out. If you are interested, please send me an email.
* This week we are studying the letter “L”. If you have some time, please find with your child and send in some images of things that begin with the letter “L”
* We will be having a Terry Fox Run this upcoming Thursday, September 29th. Please bring a toonie to school with your child. All proceeds will be going to cancer research. This is also a NON-UNIFORM day. Please dress your child appropriately for the weather
*A reminder that hot lunch forms are due this Thursday, September 29th
Also, our annual Walkathon is coming up on Friday, October 7th. I am looking for 6-8 parent volunteers. Parent participation hours will be given out for the event. I have requested the jobs be posted on the PPH website and will let you know as soon as I know that they are posted.
Have a great week!
* Starting Monday, September 26th, the students will be dismissed at 3pm
* A reminder that Walkathon Forms (white sheet) is due this upcoming Monday, September 26th
Have a great weekend!
* Scholastic orders are due tomorrow. If you wish to pay online, please put in “Melissa Lemire” as the teacher. Since I will only be here until December, I have not changed the name of the account. IF you do pay online, please remember to still send in the paper form with the payment reference number filled out
* Food is being collected for Thanksgiving. Items that you can bring are posted on the kindergarten entrance. Donations are being accepted until September 30th
* Hot Lunch orders have been sent home today. Orders are due by September 29th
* Scholastic orders are due this upcoming Friday, September 23rd
* Walkathon permission forms (white sheet) are due this upcoming Monday, September 26th
Thank you to those who brought in images of things that start with the letter “T”. The kids really enjoyed looking at all of them and I will be putting them around the class
* We have begun studying the letter “T” today. If you would like to work with your child to find pictures of things that start with “t” and bring them into the classroom via the folder, that would be great!
* Please bring in 1 apple of any colour. We are starting to study apples and will be cooking with them at the end
Have a great week!
- This week we will be starting a unit on apples. If you have one, please send an apple of any colour (red, green or yellow) with your child to school tomorrow
– Please label your child’s snack with an “R” either on the container or the bag. A lot of containers were not labelled today which made it very difficult for the children to identify which foods were for snack time and which were for lunch
A few things for next week:
-There is no school tomorrow, September 16th
– From September 19-23, the students will be dismissed at 1:30pm. Please be sure to pack your child a lunch.
– If you have not yet brought a ziplock bag with extra clothes (just in case package) for your child, please do so on Monday
– The following forms were handed out at Meet The Teacher Night: Ipad Use Policy, Release Off Site, Computer Network Acceptable Use Policy and a Walkathon notice
If you have not yet signed and returned one of each, please do so on Monday. If you need an extra copy, please email me and I will send one home.
Have a great weekend!
- In your child’s folder you will find a small form from Owl Kids. Could you please fill it out and send it back. The more forms sent in, the more items we get for the classroom
– A few of you still have not brought in gym shoes. Please bring a pair in by the end of this week. Gym shoes can be any colour and any brand
– Lunch Lady forms (paper copy) are due tomorrow
A few reminders:
– In your child’s folder you will find a copy of two prayers which we are currently learning. Please practice with your child whenever possible
– Tomorrow the children will be attending their first gym class. If you have not yet brought in a pair of gym shoes (labelled please) for your child, please do so tomorrow morning
– Scholastic orders are due back Sept.23rd (optional)
– Lunch Lady forms (paper copy) are due TOMORROW (no school on Friday). If you wish to purchase lunch online, you may do so up to 2 days before the hot lunch date