Bonjour chers Parents,
Today we celebrate our First Week of Advent. We encourage you to have your Advent Wreath present in your home to help your child in understanding this special and holy time leading up to Christmas. An Advent family prayer package will be sent home later this week to also help make this Advent season a meaningful one for all.
1. Please send a Current Family Photo as a hard copy and not an email attachment by Wed November 30th.
2. Please return Blue Report Card Folder, Envelope and sign the back as well before the end of this coming week. Keep report card, overview and specialist report.
3. Montre et Raconte: The word needs to be in French.
4. You are all invited to join our Advent Paraliturgy at 11:00 am on Tue Nov 30th.
5. Please remember to always refer to our school Comuniqué for school wide events.
6. The children have been learning about Healthy Eating according to the Canadian Food Guide this past week. They have been learning which foods belong to each of the Four Food
groups and have been participating in many related activities. As a final task, we are going to make a Healthy Soup with items of three of the food groups and eat it towards
the end of the day on Monday December 5th. Mmmm…délicieuse et bonne pour la santé!
We are aking that each student bring in either One Vegetable like a carrot, one celeri stick, one potatoe, zucchine, onion, some corn kernels, some mushrooms etc/One Fruit
to share. The pasta/rice and turkey/chicken with be provided. We will be collected these items any time this week. We will peel and clean items at school as part of lesson.
7. Since we are approaching our 50th day of school in Kindergarten, the KE and KF classes are going to celebrate this day on Tuesday November 30th from 1:30-3:00 pm
by having students in small groups participating in activities related to the 50’s.
We asking the children to come dressed from home in clothing to reflect the 50’s. For example, boys can come in jeans, t-shirts, sun glasses, etc… and the girls can come
skirts, blouses, handkerchief around their neck, short socks and shoes. Refer to the internet for more ideas. You do not need to buy anything for this.
Well, merci beaucoup for catching up with what’s happening in Kindergarten French!
Madame Venetsanos, Madame Loretan et Madame Ziemnicki