Admission Policy (CPSVA Board of Directors Policy)
It is our policy to consider all applications for children wishing to attend Fatima school and to process the application as quickly as possible according to the following guidelines:
Priorities for admission into elementary schools shall be:
- Children presently enrolled in the school if they and their families meet the expectations of the school.
- Siblings of children already in the school, whose families are practicing Catholics, active in the parish.
- Children whose families are practicing Catholics active in the parish.
- Siblings of children already in the school, whose families are practicing Catholics active in other parishes.
- Children whose families are practicing Catholics coming into the parish, who have been attending school elsewhere.
- Children whose families are practicing Catholics active in other parishes.
- Children whose families are either not practicing Catholics or not active in their parishes.
- Non-Catholics. Enrolment of more than 15% non-Catholics in any grade requires the approval of the Board of Directors. Once accepted into the school, non-Catholics need meet only the criteria expected of other students to be readmitted in subsequent years. Siblings of non-Catholics cannot be given priority over Catholics.
- Past Gd.1 all applications will be reviewed the Principal and the appropriate teacher.
- When a transfer student is accepted into Fatima the trial period will last two months.
If for any reason a child cannot be accepted other alternatives will be recommended.